Sunday, November 23, 2014

Meet Me Under The Old Pear Tree

Parham is a surname first mentioned in Sussex, England in the year 959. The name means; a piece of land, enclosure, homestead, or village where pear trees grow in abundance. It is also the birth surname of my maternal grandmother, Edna Louise Parham. My quest for information of the Parham family did not yield any pear trees but did uncover a bushel of peaches.

My knowledge of the Parham family was limited. My grandmother died when I was 8 years old, taking to the grave the narrative of her life. I knew she was born in Moultrie, Georgia, and her father's name and those of her uncles. It was a start.

 I searched: "Parham family of Moultrie, Georgia":


I selected the first link:


Here is how our conversation started:


Barbara replied quickly:



My peach tree had begun to blossom.








No comments:

Post a Comment