Thursday, June 13, 2013

Box Full of Letters: Cheap Frying Chickens!

I seem to have an interesting collection of letters, some written to me, some written to people by people that I have never met, and some written to people I know by people I will never know. I thought it would be fun to start a series:

Box Full of Letters

I decided to start this series with this treasure. It is written to my Great Grand Uncle Herbert "Bert" Brannock.
I assumed this was written by a Harty family member by the last initial "H" written at the bottom. When I met Paul Harty Jr., I asked who he thought this could be from and this was his answer:
"By the way, the Harty that sent a note to one of your relatives, appears to be Ernest, and if so that is Ernest Hampton Harty, a great uncle. My father's middle name "Hampton" came from him and I was named after my father, so I am Paul Hampton Harty Jr. Great Uncle Ernest is dead now. He moved to Florida and died down there in early 2000. He always appeared to be joking around, and that little note appeared to be from someone who like to "kid" people. Uncle Ernest was one of those guys, but also very prim and proper when he needed to be."



No comments:

Post a Comment