Monday, November 11, 2013

Thank you to many generations of bravery.

Today I share with you the brave men and women of my family who have sacrificed so much for the honor of our country. 

My Aunt, Margo Frazier
United States Navy

Pictured on right:
My Maternal Grandfather, Walter Joseph Filla
United States Army
WWII Tech 5
Father of Margo Frazier




My Paternal Grandfather, Robert Olin Ferrer
United States Army
WWII 1st Sargeant
Letter from President Harry Truman to my Grandfather, Robert Olin Ferrer
Letter from President Bush to my Grandfather, Robert Olin Ferrer

My Paternal Great Uncle, Raymond "Hame" Powell Ferrer
United States Army
WWII PFC
My Maternal Great Grand Uncle, Herbert "Bert" Brannock
United States Army
WWI PVT FIELD SIG BN 35 DIV

My Maternal Great Grand Uncle, Roy Edward Hanf
United States Army
WWII PFC
Killed in Action in Foret de Parroy, France 12 October 1944



My Maternal Great Grand Uncle, John F "Bud" Brannock
United States Navy
WWII

Pictured on left:
My Paternal Great Uncle, Elwyn Edward Parham
United States Navy
WWII
My third cousin twice removed, Paul Hampton Harty Jr. (right) shaking hands with Captain C.D. Everhart 16 Jan., 1969 
United States Navy
Vietnam 

My Second Cousin Twice Removed, Admiral Harry Lafayette Harty, Jr
United States Navy
WWII, Korea, Vietnam
My Paternal Great Grand Uncle, William Raymond Grace
United States Army
WWI


2 comments:

  1. Awe, Madeleine...how sweet of you to include me. My tour of duty was a breeze compared to all the others, but as they say in the Navy, "Every job is important, even if it's taking pictures." What was the name of the Paternal 2nd Great Grand Uncle killed in Newnan, GA? I love that town. Also, I'm impressed to know there is a Navy Admiral in our lineage...but Uncle Hame's picture is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Margo, I would never leave you out! I need to add my cousin, Joe LeBeau, I just need a photo of him.
    I added my Paternal 2nd Great Grand Uncle's name: Jeptha Ferrer. Thanks for catching that! He died in the confederate hospital in Newnan, Georgia, and is unclear if he died in battle, or from a sickness at that particular hospital.
    There is a post dedicated to Admiral Harty in here. Our cousin, Paul Harty Jr., handed all of the Harty information to me. He is a gem! I encourage you to read about Admiral Harty. He served in 3 wars and was awarded with very prestigious medals. I am awed at the amount of family members that have served on our behalf. I still need to add Fred Brannock ( I am waiting on a headstone photo), and a few other Civil War soldiers (solidifying facts).
    I, too love that photo of Uncle Hame. Aunt Amy sent a large box of photos to share with us over the summer and that was in there.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, you know it means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete